Thursday 17 May 2012

Recluse

I spent a period of my life as a recluse
consumed by a sadistic self hatred
I couldn’t see the point in going out
society didn’t want me blotting it’s landscape

my parents became very angry
a mask for sympathy or shame?
probably both.
their beloved son not reaping the rewards
that a twenty one year old should be.
every parent wants their child to be happy
free
and fucking 
I had every cliché going.
terrible poetry
although some might say that hasn’t changed.
lost all interest in sex
which kills a man’s purpose.
wished death upon myself every night
obviously, it never came.

I pestered doctors for help
they could offer me nothing
I had to rely on my own determination
something which had brought me little before
this time it was serious though
and it paid off

a man losing his freedom is a real tragedy
finding it again is beautiful
lines drawn are erased
new ones put down
women return
life blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment